This amazing luncheon paid tribute to the unsung heroes from our community of care who champion young people in need of a hero.
We were proud to honor FLITE Center’s partners, funders and front-line staff from partnering organizations that provide support and dedicate their lives to changing the future of transitioning youth.
All proceeds benefit The FLITE Center including emergency housing needs for all youth Transitioning to Independent Living in Broward County.
The Honorees include:
- Collaborator of the Year Award
- Broward County’s Human Trafficking Coalition
- Human Trafficking Lifetime Hero Award
- Michael Satz, Office of the State Attorney, 17th Judicial Circuit
- Stacey Blume, Office of the Attorney General
- Jumorrow Johnson, Office of the State Attorney, 17th Judicial Circuit
- Recognition of Extraordinary Acts of Kindness
- Irma Doerfler, a FLITE Volunteer
- The Gore Family Foundation YouMatter Award
- The Gore Memorial Foundation
- Jeremy Sahn, Esq. – Shareholder at Becker and Poliakoff
- TIL System of Care Hero Award:
- The Frederick A. Deluca Foundation
- Jon DeLuca, Treasurer and Secretary
- TIL System of Care Lifetime Heroes
- Theresa Kennedy, Department of Children & Families
- Dion Smith, Children’s Services Council of Broward County
- TIL System of Care Unsung Heroes
- Front liners from the entire TIL System of Care
FLITE Center’s mission is to guide those aging out of foster care and other vulnerable youth for a successful transition to independence through housing, education, employment, and system of care coordination. At any given time, there are approximately 600 youth between the age of 18 and 23 that have exited the foster care system in Broward County and another 120 youth that are getting prepared for their transition out on their own. FLITE Center is a resource to connect young adults aging out of foster care with the full range of assistance that’s available in the community.