FINALISTS ANNOUNCED FOR 8th ANNUAL
COMMUNITY CARE PLAN NON-PROFIT AWARDS
8th Annual Non-Profit Awards is presented by Signature Grand and hosted by 2-1-1 Broward
2-1-1 Broward is pleased to announce the finalists for the 8th Annual Community Care Plan Non-Profit Awards presented by Signature Grand and hosted by 2-1-1 Broward. The 8th Annual Community Care Plan Non-Profit Awards will celebrate the inspiring work of Broward County’s non-profit agencies and recognize the individual efforts of outstanding non-profit executive and board leaders. Evoking the iconic symbols of a glamorous awards show with a red carpet and searchlights, the awards ceremony and luncheon will take place on Friday, February 23rd at 11 a.m. at Signature Grand in Davie.
“Supporting our mission of positively impacting the health and wellness of our members and the community at large, Community Care Plan is pleased to support 2-1-1 Broward, which serves as the gateway to over 800 of Broward County’s nonprofits, connecting residents to the services they need,” said John Benz, President/ CEO of Community Care Plan. “We look forward to celebrating the accomplishments of the county’s non-profit organizations at the 8th annual 2-1-1 Broward Non-Profit Awards.”
The finalists for the 8th Annual Non-Profit Awards were revealed on Tuesday, January 23rd at an exclusive VIP Announcement Party at Dave & Buster’s in Hollywood.
In attendance for this year’s Community Care Plan Non-Profit Awards were Co-Chairs: Susan M. Mansolillo, Chief Human Resources Officer of Community Care Plan, and Sandra Birdsong, Senior Vice President of PNC Bank.
The 8th Annual Community Care Plan Non-Profit Awards acknowledge the highest level of achievement, innovation and quality in the non-profit sector. Every non-profit is encouraged to attend the luncheon and awards ceremony to celebrate their contributions to the community. Awards will be given in 10 categories, and all other nominees will be eligible for the Publix Community Choice Award. The ten categories include:
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Non-Proﬁt Organization of the Year
- Finalists Include: Arc Broward; PACE Center for Girls and HandsOn Broward
- WLRN Outstanding Non-Proﬁt Leader of the Year
- Finalists Include: Andy Fernandez, Firewall Centers; Mandy Bartle, South Florida Community Land Trust and Mary Partin, Dan Marino Foundation
- FPL Non-Proﬁt Board Leader of the Year
- Finalists Include: Robert Taylor Jr., Habitat for Humanity; Dr. Heidi Schaeffer, Broward Human Trafficking Coalition and Ian Lis, HANDY
- Greenspoon Marder Non-Proﬁt Organization of the Year – The Arts
- Finalists Include: Business for the Arts; Museum of Discovery & Science and Artists with Autism
- SunTrust Bank Non-Proﬁt Organization of the Year – Collaboration
- Finalists Include: ArtServe; David Posnack JCC and Memorial Healthcare System
- Brown & Brown Insurance Non-Proﬁt Organization of the Year – Innovation
- Finalists Include: Dan Marino Foundation; Sheridan House Family Ministries and Taylor’s Closet
- Calvin Giordano & Associates Non-Proﬁt Organization of the Year – Rising Star
- Finalists Include: FLITE Center; Parkland Buddy Sports and Morningday Community Solutions
- Children Services Council Collective Impact for Youth Award
- Finalists Include: ChildNet; Children’s Harbor and KidSafe
- The Sanford Institute of Philanthropy National Leadership Institute Development Executive of the Year
- Finalists Include: Jessica Rodriguez, ARC Broward; Shelli Gold, JAFCO Children’s Ability Center and Beverly Bachrach, David Posnack JCC
- OK Generators Lifetime Achievement Award (winner to be selected by 2-1-1 Broward)
- Winner: Bob Birdsong of OK Generators is presenting John Benz of Community Care Plan with the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award at the luncheon
The winners and finalists in each category will receive a monetary award for each of their non-profit organizations. Those nominated but not selected as a finalist will be eligible to win a $1,000 grant for their organization through the Publix Community Choice Award. Online voting for the Publix Community Choice Award is now open at www.211broward.org .
Tickets to the 8th Annual Community Care Plan Non-Profit Awards are $85 per person for general admission, $75 for CLUB 2-1-1 members and $65 per person for non-profit staff/government representatives. After February 1st, all tickets are $85 per person. Table Sponsorships begin at $1,500. Partnership opportunities range from $1,500 to $10,000. Partnerships include unique sponsorships such as $5,000 Glitz & Glam Partner, $3,500 Lights! Camera! Action! Sponsor and others.
For more information about purchasing tickets or sponsorship opportunities, please contact Tracy Schuldiner at 954-390-0493 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About 2-1-1 Broward
The mission of 2-1-1 Broward is to provide 24-hour comprehensive helpline and support services to individuals and families in our community seeking crisis intervention assistance and/or information and connections to health and human services in Broward County. Every call to 2-1-1 is answered by a trained, degreed counselor who listens to the caller’s concerns, identifies their needs and connects them with agencies and programs that can help them. 2-1-1 Broward relies on the generous support of government agencies, corporations, foundations, and individuals to provide this vital community service. For more information regarding 2-1-1 and how you can help, please call 954-390-0493 or visit www.211-broward.org. Get social! Follow 2-1-1 Broward: facebook.com/211Broward, twitter.com/211Broward and instagram.com/211Broward.
About Community Care Plan
Launched in 2000 as the first safety-net hospital-owned Provider Service Network as South Florida Community Care Network, LLC, Community Care Plan is a Broward County health plan serving members enrolled in Medicaid, Children’s Medicaid Services Network and self-insured employee health plans. Community Care Plan is a partnership fully owned and operated by Broward Health (North Broward Hospital District) and Memorial Healthcare System (South Broward Hospital District). The organization strives to promote healthy living by providing local access to a high standard of healthcare and educational resources throughout the community. By improving the quality of care for Medicaid recipients, Community Care Plan seeks to earn patient and customer satisfaction, enhance professional fulfillment and provide public service. Community Care Plan is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) as a Health Plan. For more information, please visit www.CCPcares.org.
About Signature Grand
Since 1996, Signature Grand has been a South Florida landmark, known to host elegant weddings and grand social occasions. Conveniently located in Central Broward, on the I-595 Express, Signature Grand is best situated to receive guests from the Tri-County area. Our magnificent renaissance-style mansion is the ideal venue to host groups as intimate as 10 guests, and lavish events of up to 2,400 guests. Our event producers specialize in exquisite catering, amazing décor and event services. For more information, visit www.thesignaturegrand.com or call 954.424.4000.